Thursday, November 15, 2007

Do I Sleep?

A question was asked of me today: Do I sleep?

The answer is yes. It seems that no matter how much I'm trying to accomplish, no matter how much has got to be done yet, my body will drag me (even kicking and screaming) into bed to sleep by a decent hour. My hubby says I'm like Cinderella's pumpkin, since I don't last past midnight except on rare occasions. The reason I write this is because sleep is incredibly important on so many levels: it's important for recovery and weight loss, increased activity levels, and better food choices. So many people walk around these days like zombies, surviving off 6 or less hours of sleep per night, and then wonder why they can't get the energy to exercise, or why they're constantly reaching for the double-shot espresso with the chocolate muffin on the side.

So, with that, I'm going to bed.

No comments: