Monday, November 26, 2007

Cool or What?

Craig Ballantyne, of Turbulence Training fame, is now running a 12 week contest for those who want to complete a Transformation. Man, I wish he'd decided to do it 12 weeks ago (on Labor Day), as I would have joined up in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm still thinking about joining it. The grand prize is $2000, which is nothing to sniff at. It started on November 26 (today) and will go until April 15, 2008-- 84 days in all technicality.

I am thinking about joining it because it will extend my deadline to April, although I am planning on really buckling down this month to see what I can do before Christmas. I had kind of been glossing over this, but my weight has basically stopped at 150. The strange thing is that last week, I went in to get my bf% checked, and the scale at school weighed me at 158 in my normal clothes-I went back to the scale I had used the week before to check my weight right away, and it weighed me at 150 (the same as the week before) in my workout clothes (8 pounds of clothing! Gee, I think it's winter...). So, I don't think the bf% was correct, as it put me at 25% again. Clothes are smaller, weight is down, inches are down, I've definitely been weight training- doggone it if that bf% won't change!

So, what's gone wrong in the last month or so? Well, for one thing, I haven't been planning my meals (mayday!), and for another, I've been letting myself increase portion sizes slightly (mayday!) as well as allowing protein intake to decrease (mayday!). I do believe that's three strikes and I need to get back to where I was. I've been allowing life to get in the way again! So, I'm going to live off fish, oatmeal, eggs, fruits, and vegetables for the next four weeks as much as possible (theoretically 90%). Six meals a day. I've started today.

So, who else is joining the TT Transformation Challenge? 84 days to a new you, $2000 to show for it at the end! Of course, Craig put down a couple of rules in his blog post about the transformation:
  • Rule#1: You must have purchased Turbulence Training and used the TT programs to achieve your results.
  • Rule#2: You must keep a training journal in the Turbulence Training Membership forum (don't forget, you get 3 months free access to the Turbulence Training Membership site when you order Turbulence Training).
  • Rule#3: You must post before and after photos in your training journal in the TT Membership section.
  • Rule#4: The TT Transformation Contest runs from Nov. 26th to April 15th. All transformations must start and finish during this time period. Therefore, you could start as soon as today (which I hope you do!) or as late as January 21st...but I know you won't wait that long!
  • Rule #5: Each client has 12 weeks to complete their transformation. Photos must be taken on Day 1 and Day 84.
  • Rule#6: The Transformation Contest will be judged by a panel of experts, including but not restricted to: Craig Ballantyne, Brad Pilon, and Holly Rigsby.
  • Rule#7: In addition to providing Before & After Photos, each contestant must write a 300 word essay on their before and after success story.
Wow, he's got a few rules. However, it's a bit BFL-ish, so of course the Body for Life person in me is all over it. If you join officially, let me know!

No comments: