Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I lied...

Yesterday's Priority List:
Workout Today? Yes/No
Planned workout today? Yes/No
Planned meals for today?
Yes/No
Followed plan for meals? Yes/
No
Healthy food choices today? Yes/No _90___% (__5__ out of 6 meals) *skipping meals denotes unhealthy food choice
Enjoyed my family today? Yes/No
Succeeded for school today? Yes/No *it seems I should outline what success in school means. That may be a bit too abstract. Here's this: did I do needed homework today?


Today's Priority List:

Workout Today? Yes/No
Planned workout today? Yes/No
Planned meals for today?
Yes/No
Followed plan for meals? Yes/
No
Healthy food choices today? Yes/No _60___% (__4__ out of 6 meals) *skipping meals denotes unhealthy food choice
Enjoyed my family today? Yes/No
Succeeded for school today? Yes/No *it seems I should outline what success in school means. That may be a bit too abstract. Here's this: did I do needed homework today?

Okay, so I lied earlier when I said I probably wasn't going to get a great workout in today. Believe it or not, I managed to get Intermediate TT workout B done. It was difficult to get going, but I finished strong with 1-minute side planks for 2 of the three sets, and 45-sec for the third set. I lightened up some of the weights, as I was feeling somewhat weak (sinus-y today-- I swear, my daughter...). I didn't get the intervals done. However, since Intermediate TT only calls for 20-sec side planks, I figure there's a little give there :) (I've been above the 20-sec mark since the first week, starting out at 30 sec, then moving up to 45, and now at 1:00).

I read Billy's interview with Craig Ballantyne (here) and it was very revealing on how to work on mindset. It can be easy to put others on a pedestal sometimes and start to believe they are no longer real (or hero worship...), therefore they have no weaknesses and aren't really having to try. That's not true, though. I've definitely got my weaknesses, and so does Billy and Craig, and even Alwyn (although he and Dax hide theirs pretty well). I prefer to keep things real. I'm human. So's everyone else. That's important for me to remember!

1 comment:

Marcol said...

Nice work on the TT training. And youre so right, we're human and none of us are excluded from setbacks, failures and imperfections.