Thursday, September 6, 2007

Getting Better

Today I felt much better. Didn't go in for a workout because I was exhausted after running errands this morning. It's just weird for me to be tired after that, since I'm used to running around all day long. I'm hoping I'll be able to get in a workout and a decent eating schedule tomorrow. In the meantime, here's some reading from Alwyn's newsletter:

Well, that's it. Summer 2007 is "unofficially over". Hope everyone had a great one.

I wrote this back in May:
----
Peaking for an athlete is essentially dialing in all the different components of preparation so that at a specified point in time, you are in the absolute best condition possible.

I'm working with an athlete right now who is preparing for the Abu Dhabi Combat Championships -- on that date - we need to "peak".

But what about a general fitness client? You don't have a fight to get ready for, you don't have a combine. So what do you peak for?
------
...[Based on following a peak for a special event, like a holiday,] New Year's is your next date to 'peak'. 16 weeks to go. Get going...


No comments: