Monday, January 25, 2010

NC Day Two

Well, today was my second No Carb day in the cycling, and I must say, I'm not overfond of these days. Ah well, it keeps me from attacking the leftover birthday cake.

My daughter's b-day was on Saturday, and the pizza and birthday cake were planned in. It was amazing how quickly I became uber-full after eating those things. I did eat supper, but I wasn't terribly hungry even at 7 pm, and the cake was finished by 2:45. High carb day still ended up being more of a cheat day than anything, as supper consisted of one fast food burger on white bun (still avoiding wheat like a plague, and have been rather successful, except for Saturday).

Yesterday was a low-carb day, and there was not even a hint of a schedule that I followed- didn't get up until 10 am, ate breakfast at 11, then didn't eat again until 3 pm- when I was famished. Had a piece of chocolate leftover birthday cake with plenty of chocolate frosting. Whoops. There's a reason why I generally eat 5 times a day. Supper was back on track with a chicken and bok choy number, then an evening "dessert" of Gourmet Nutrition's Pumpkin Pie bar.

Today was a no-carb day, as I stated before. Missed morning snack, but had a handful of almonds as the fifth meal after supper. Breakfast was 2 eggs, lunch was spaghetti squash spaghetti, snack was celery sticks with 3 tbsp peanut butter, supper was Tuna "noodle" casserole (with spaghetti squash- a bit higher in carbs than was probably kosher, but still a good meal overall- had celery, a bit of carrot, and green beans with a mixture of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup- two cans for 8-10 servings). Dessert with supper was a bar of Gourmet Nutrition's Banana Nut squares with a tbsp of Nutella.

Workouts: none until today. Today's was a 40-minute affair with a 5-exercise metabolic circuit, followed by 8 minutes of Tabatas (20 sec work, 10 sec rest, rinse and repeat). Yeah, I know. I've officially missed three. Well- nothing for it but to move forward and do tomorrow's.

No comments: