Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mixed

I had mixed results yesterday. I did the fasting for about 12 hours before I couldn't stand it anymore, as I was a bit light-headed and my stomach was about ready to chew a hole through me so it could get food itself. For about an hour, I walked into and out of the kitchen before I just figured that 12 hours was enough.

The funny thing is, I broke my fast with a piece of pizza (homemade, thank you). Definitely still not there. However, it's better than the Cap'n Crack Berries that were calling my name. I do believe I need to get those out of my house. My workout yesterday: I did half of my strength workout, felt great the whole time, then started chatting with someone and didn't stop. Oops.

So I'm back on track today. I'll do my workout this afternoon (the new bodyweight one I made last week- I also did it last week and liked it very much-along with extra HIIT training). Bowl of oatmeal with 2 tbsp flaxseed, 1 tsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp raisins for breakfast. We're out of eggs and out of money right now ($6 for a gallon of milk and a pound of bananas? You've got to be kidding me). These next few weeks should be interesting on the money front. I'm working on a new e-book idea, except this one's geared toward teens. I'll let you know more when I know more.

I got my thesis back from my advisor yesterday- he LIKED it, he really really LIKED it! *squealing like a schoolgirl* LOL. Seriously though, all he wants is a few changes here and there, some grammatical errors, and he caught my use of a textbook in a couple of places. Darn. If I used a textbook, it's because I either a) couldn't get ahold of the original study or b) wanted a nice summary and the textbook provided it. That makes things interesting! So, spruce that up this week, get it back to him, and voila- semester's done (essentially. I still have a defense, one easy paper to write and a take-home test in early May).

Well, I've got two workouts to write up!

No comments: