Saturday, March 15, 2008

Conceptualizing

Follow this link and read, I'll still be here when you get back:
http://fitnessmanagement.blogspot.com/2008/03/childs-play.html

The more I write on my thesis, the more these types of things keep popping up on my radar. I'm being led in a direction, it seems, and I like where it's going.

No, I'm not thinking about starting a gym that uses video games to get kids fit. However, I did tinker again on my business plan to start a camp for kids who are overweight, and have been doing some thinking on curriculum.

I got a really interesting job offer about a month ago, and have taken it. I'm shushed on it right now because it's not official until April, but it's leading me in the direction I need to go.

I put my thesis together yesterday. I officially have one chapter left to go, and it's getting written this weekend. Seriously. Without that Chapter, the conclusion, the appendices, and the reference pages, it's 46 pages long. See why I've been stressing? I'm planning for this last chapter to be at least 10 pages, if not longer, and the appendices are more than 10 pages. I have 165 references so far. Hehe...I may have finally flipped....

3 comments:

inked said...

Wow! 165 references. That is a huge piece of work. I think the largest "paper" I've ever written was 30 pages and it took me forever...I couldn't imagine how much time it has taken you to put that together.

It sounds like things are starting to move along well for you. You're almost finished with your thesis and you have already closed the deal on an exciting new job opportunity. Congrats on everything.

Dave said...

As Justin said, congrats on everything.

Did you have to do a business plan and a thesis?

Carrie said...

Dave,
Yep. Fortunately though the business plan was written my first semester in grad school. It won the class contest, so I figured it must be good enough to leave as is and just throw it in ;).

My thesis, instead of being lab-research, was a monster of a research paper. I'm not sure which is worse!