Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FAL

From billy's blog:

"'-People always half-ass everything. That's why they can never quit smoking, lose weight, or make the difficult changes they want to make in their lives. You are better than that. You go full-assed. Fuck them, that's why they're shitty.'

I realize that last one sounds pretty harsh, but that's one I want to talk about specifically. I think it may be the most important one. Why do so many people struggle? Because on some level, they are half-assing. Why do I continue to get results and have success, even when I'm down into the lower body fat levels? Because I go full-assed. I do what it takes, and if I'm not getting results, I try harder.

People have a tendency to blame anything but their own lack of effort for their failure to see results. People even say "it's my genetics". That's BS. Hell, it may be that they ARE putting in some effort, but they may need to put in MORE. People are so lazy and coddled that they don't feel they should have to work so hard for it. They want easy, instant results. Well, that's just not gonna happen."

Read the rest here.

I'm gonna live a FAL (Full Assed Life)!

Today's priority list:
Workout Today? Yes/No
Planned workout today? Yes/No
Planned meals for today? Yes/No
Followed plan for meals? Yes/No
Healthy food choices today? Yes/No _90___% (__5__ out of 6 meals) *skipping meals denotes unhealthy food choice
Enjoyed my family today? Yes/No
Succeeded for school today? Yes/No *school does not start until Sept 10

About the one meal, it was supper tonight. I admit fully and truthfully that I had three slices of Jack's pizza (does that count as 3 meals?). I take full responsibility for it. I will also admit, however, that an adorable 4 week old kitten ran in front of my vehicle as I was pulling into my driveway, and it needed immediate medical attention which took an hour (I didn't hit it! Something's wrong with its tail). So, by the time we got into the house to make supper, I was all for quick and over with and I didn't have any deli turkey. I also forgot about the peanut butter and apple quickie that is usually in its place, or the cereal. Funny how the mind works when it's in other places, huh? So, to wrap up, I take full responsibility, but I'm blaming the kitten. *grin*

No comments: