Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Newest Post

It's time to post again. Now that I haven't got anyone following me, right? Ah well my own fault.

I've definitely had a hard time of it the last few months on the weight maintenance front- too much wanting to eat everything in sight, too little control. I'm not really sure how bad- my fall has been hard to admit, least of all to the perfectionist side of myself. Let's just say I can't wear as many of my clothes as I'd like, but I haven't had to go out and buy new ones.

I've been taking small, tentative steps in the right direction, but I hesitate to say I'm back yet. I'm scared that if I say it, I'll find a million reasons to fail.

Here though, are a bunch of reasons why I really want to be back to "normal" (at least, what "normal" was back in May, before the move):
--I miss my biceps. Yes, there's no longer any muscle definition there, and it saddens me. I want them back. Lots of push-ups are in order. (Forget biceps curls, they don't use enough muscles to burn calories.)
--I miss wearing all my clothes. I'm sick of being scared I won't be able to wear the next item I put on.
--My self-esteem has taken a dive, I'm more scared to go after life again. Ugh.
--Anyone who's ever been overweight knows how hard it is to move. It's easy to ignore when you're big, and it's easy to forget once you're no longer big, but when the weight comes back on and you notice it, OMG. Forget that! I am ready to move easily again!
--If I can't lift a canoe come May, I'm screwed. Period. I can't work for a canoe camp and not be able to solo-lift a canoe. Ain't gonna happen. I know it was getting tough in September, which means that I was heading downhill back then.
--I'm getting varicose veins! They're ugly! They're only going to be worse if I've got extra fat hanging around.

So, here's to the makeover. I'm going to makeover this blog, and myself, and start from scratch. I'm calling this:

The Afterburn Effect: Part Two
Back to the Burn

I don't plan on it being easy. It's going to take a lot of stuff on my part. It might take awhile, too. But I'll be back. And I'm posting. Even if it's a sentence, I'm going back to posting daily. I've got to keep myself accountable!

2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I still read and am glad to see you back at it. Get that kettle ball out and dust it of and start swinging. Time to make up for lost time.

Carrie said...

Thanks for being there, Rip! And I'm still reading yours too, even if I don't get a chance to comment!