Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How did that happen?

One of the things that has always bugged me about getting "fit" was the intense focus that the fitness community tends to have toward running. Mostly, it bugged me because I couldn't do it. Anyone who's read my blog for a while knows it tends to tweak my hip and cause issues. So, even though I didn't mind doing it, the pain afterward (or during) was too much to handle.

All right, so what happened? Most of my cardio lately has been running. Without ANY issues (well, sort of). At least, none from aforementioned hip.

Strange. My body did a lot of strange things this last summer, like stopped hurting almost entirely- I haven't (knocking on wood) been to a chiropractor since May. It stopped hurting almost the instant I got up to the Northwoods to start my new job. It was really odd. But I'm thankful for it!

So here's to a thankful post, because I did a run today. Fun, all-out intervals. Yep, intervals were fun. *grin*

My sanity may have gone with the pain when it took off... LOL.

No comments: