Monday, October 27, 2008

The Snow Fell. And so did I.

We got snow here yesterday, and my co-workers up in the Northwoods say they woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Oy, winter always comes too fast!

I got a great workout in today. I changed a heckuva lot of my mindset this past Friday, and all I needed to do was one thing - get outta my own damn head. I'd been having trouble getting to my workouts for this excuse or another, the biggest one being that my work schedule depends on three things: my daughter's patience, the amount of work I have on my desk that can be done at home, and traffic. Traffic's the big one I think ;). So here I was, giving excuses for not stopping at the gym on my way home because I usually have my daughter with me, and not even giving her the option of hanging out at the Kid's Club provided by the gym. HELLO. I signed up there because they had childcare and a better price/more locations than most of the gyms around here. So Friday, all I needed to do was decide that I'd go for her benefit, because she'd love to hang out and play there. Naturally, they don't have kids club on Fridays. So, I went on Saturday.

And she loved it.

One small change in my thinking, and whallah- there's nothing standing in my way of a good workout anymore.

Sheesh. I'm thinking it's time we got out of our heads more often!

1 comment:

Roder said...

Glad to see you're back. :)