Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Coming Back from Haunting

I realize that I haven't blogged since last Thursday, which is naughty on my part. My eating was pure crap through the weekend and Monday and Tuesday, but it's back on track today. My silly brain decided to try and see if I could cut calories to minimum levels, which worked for the first 3/4 of the day and then resulted in diving for the junk food. So- more proof that cutting excessively doesn't work!!

I'm back on my normal caloric intake today, have had three meals, my workout is done, and I've been studying excessively. Classes don't start until next week, but I've got a thesis that's due to my advisor at the end of February, and since I didn't get hardly any research done last semester, guess what I'm doing? I have no fewer than 10 textbooks sitting on my dining room table, and I've been attempting to chicken scratch at all of them. Man, I'm wishing right now that my school had offered a class or two on child exercise physiology. That would've saved me a bundle. However, that isn't an option, so I'm combing textbooks on my own. Soon will emerge my thesis on childhood obesity, causes, consequences, and treatment options.

Oh, by the way, has anyone ever read "The Obesity Myth" by Paul Campos? I haven't gotten too far into it, but so far it has been an extremely interesting read. I'll have to give a review of it later. If you've got one, please let me know your thoughts!

As for my weight, it has hit and stayed at 145.5. It hasn't budged since last Friday, hence the reasons why I wanted to do some calorie playing. However, I'm still too much of an emotional eater and not a long-term planner when it comes to food, so if I'm hungry, it doesn't matter what kind of crap I'll feel like in 30 minutes or two days or so. It only matters that I eat, hence the reason WHY I need to keep to small meals every 2-4 hours. I'll just have to work on getting my foods more volumized and less starchy, something that's always hard for me when it's cold outside. And I have been COLD this winter! Man!

No comments: