Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Take Two

Well, I just lost about 15 minutes of good blog material. Lovely. That'll teach me to click buttons! Well, I'll try again.

I had an idea this morning that would be for an iPhone/touch app, but am unsure of how to proceed without it costing a bundle (and wouldn't mind making money in the process!). Here it is: I'm an extremely visual person, so a visual representation of how I'm doing weight-wise would be good for me. I'm thinking of having an avatar on a path, 3D preferable, that leads either to a lava pit or a treasure/game/whatever, depending on where you're at regarding your goal. Let's say you put in a current weight of 215 and have a goal of 180. If you type in that you gained 5 pounds, your character would move closer to the lava pit. If you type in that you lost 5 pounds, your character would move closer to the treasure. I'm thinking a game would be fun, as it can only be unlocked once you hit your goal (in fact, several games/levels along intervals might be the most compelling). No games if you're heading toward the lava pit. How fun does that sound? Let me know if you know anyone with the knowhow who'd be willing to partner up on that.

On my own fronts, I'm starting to cruise again after hitting a week's worth of brakes. I intend to lose two pounds this week. I like it when good habits just kick in, because autopilot's the best. Then there's no fighting, there's just making sure the momentum keeps going. It's definitely a lot easier. So, I'm working on that momentum. I figure I'll ramp it up to the point where I literally am flying by December 1, and will hit January 1 at 150. That being said, if anyone wants to lend me their copy of Warp Speed Fat Loss, I'd be willing to borrow it.

The training people thing is going great too. I'm remembering why this is my passion! It's definitely not easy, but when you've got people who are willing to work and who are seeing results, it's all worth it.

No comments: