Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Goal

Well, the last week feels a bit like it was bupkiss. I didn't truly stay on track since last Thursday- although I wasn't completely off the wagon, it wasn't like I was giving it 100% either. A part of me was bored, sick of it. It wants to be back in those size 10 jeans NOW! (They are pretty much there, my 12's are too big, but my thighs need to shrink just a wee bit more before I feel comfortable wearing the current 10's hanging in my closet.)

However, it wasn't all a loss. Measurements were the same as last week, except for being down in the chest a half inch and up in the waist a half inch. However, getting back motivation NOW is key, otherwise I can tell I will definitely start moving up in direction rather than down.

So, what better way to do that than to create a fitness goal? Caroline Radway of KettleBelle Body passed on a note to me about a week ago that a 10K swings challenge was going on, and I was welcome to join. I hemmed and hawed, but yesterday, decided it was a go. The true rules are to complete 10,000 kettlebell swings in 30 days. However, Ash Wednesday was yesterday, and being the blasphemer that I am, I decided it was time to THANK God for His sacrifice by creating a "sacrifice" in a different manner. A challenge, rather than something that makes my all-too-human brain scream in defiance to do something that my conscious brain tells me is "wrong": for example, so many people "give up" fast food for Lent. It definitely worked for me four years ago. However, the way my brain is currently working, if I told myself that I couldn't have fast food for the next six weeks, I'd drive as fast as possible to the nearest MickyD's. So, I'm doing it differently. It's not a sacrifice as much as it is thanksgiving and adoration, since I am of the belief that we all have God in us (the abstract version of "made in His image") and are therefore of a Divine nature- and Divinity, truly, should be treated with the utmost respect. If you're not well-versed in the Christian religion, none of this whole paragraph probably made sense for you, but just know that I am not willing to "give up" something, but am willing to be thankful for what I do have.

So here's the long and short of it: I have a goal to complete 10,000 kettlebell swings by April 3, 2010. April 4 is Easter Sunday. Being that is 40 days from Ash Wednesday, I have 40 days to complete that task. I've got 200 done for today so far.

Now, to just concentrate on continuing the carb cycling, staying away from most wheat/gluten, and actually work out more than 3 times per week (which is what I'm currently averaging).

No comments: