Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day Three

A good blog post from Bill Phillips, creator/writer of Body for Life, here. An excerpt:
"

An elder Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He
 said to them, "A fight is going on inside me… it is a terrible fight and it is 
between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, 
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false
 pride, superiority and apathy.”

The elder continued, “The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, 
humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth,
 compassion and faith."

"This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other
 person, too,” he added.

The Grandchildren thought about it for a minute and then one boy 
asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee looked the boy in the eye, gently smiled and whispered... "The one you feed."

This is one of my favorite parables of all time because it is so rich with truth and it conveys one of the most important lessons of life and transformation with such simple elegance.

"... Continue reading the story here.


I am currently avoiding bedtime, which I know I shouldn't but am. Here's Day Three rundown:

Meals: four
Workout: Yes
Day Grade: 85%

Didn't get all five meals today. It's time to start getting that grade up into the 90's.
Workout was good: Warmup Split Squats x 10, Plank x 15-20 sec, Extended Leg Stability Ball curl x 10 (repeat 2x)
Workout: Roman deadlifts 2x8, 2-25 lb dumbbells/chest press 2x8, 2-15 lb dumbbells; SB rollout (for abs) 2x8/Split Squat 2x8, 2-5 lb dumbbells; Swings 2x15, 15-lb dumbbell/Back rows 2x8, 4?; Arc Trainer 5 minutes.

For supper had Chinese food; the crack went straight to my head and I ate too much. That doesn't mean I ate the whole thing, but I definitely could have done with a lot less and split that one meal into three or four.

Things I did well today: Breakfast was spot-on, eggs w/ mushrooms and spinach. Made a high-protein meal from some carbo-leftovers and couldn't eat what I made (partly due to taste, partly due to being satisfied). Workout was good, though not terribly tough. If I'm not sore tomorrow, I will need to pick up the pace and start increasing weights. Tomorrow I'm slated for some HIIT training, which should feel good.

No comments: