Monday, January 24, 2011

The sugar challenge

Today was the first day of the 10-day no-sugar challenge that Beck and I are doing together.

I won't consider it a complete success, as I believe some hidden sugars probably slipped in. I will call it good though.

Breakfast:
  • -skipped due to sleeping in (whoops- daughter had turned off the sound on my iTouch and I forgot to turn it back on!)
Mid-morning meal:
  • -sunflower seeds- approx 1 oz
Lunch:
  • 1 cup spaghetti (hidden sugar in sauce, most likely- I made it last night, and there's a lot of left overs, so I'll be eating it for lunch tomorrow and again on Wednesday- not much I can do about that unless i want it to go bad, which I don't want to do; we've got to use up what we have right now as we're at the end of our grocery budget)
  • 2 cheddar biscuits (from Schwans- probably hidden sugar)
Mid-afternoon meal:
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter on 2 slices homemade bread
Pre-dinner snack at 6:30 pm:
  • 1 oz sunflower seeds
Dinner at 7:45 pm:
  • Spaghetti (again)
  • Bread (again)
  • Biscuit (again)

Not a whole lot of variety in today's food, nor any real vegetables. Or fruits. No reason, really, except for bad planning ahead. Also, about 4 meals more of wheat than I usually eat.

So, I know that the spaghetti's on the docket for lunch again tomorrow- although now that I look at that, I'm kinda spaghettied-out. I can certainly do an orange, some eggs, nuts, and broccoli with or during other meals. I've got cabbage too, and stir fry veggies, and some tuna, that I could throw together for lunch, and leave the spaghetti for another time. Using what I've got!

Workout:
20 minutes of snow shoveling and 10 minutes mobility. Part of me is judging that, saying I should do more. The rest of me says to go to bed immediately. Right now, I'm much more likely to go to bed. I could do a little more mobility work though- my back is sore...

No comments: