Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shyit

Read this with the lens of weight loss on:

(From Twitter) RT@crazeegeekchick 5 Things you THINK will make you happy (But they won't) http://tinyurl.com/d974te

Wow, the insights I've come to. One thing I didn't mention in the previous blog post is that I'm currently reading "The Sedona Method" by Hale Dwoskin. Absolutely amazing book, and I'm only half-way through (I've been taking my time). I say this because one of my underlying issues lately has been a high level of anxiety and lack of motivation, and since starting this book, I've been not only feeling better but taking more positive action. One of the things he talks about in the book (which you have to get about a third of the way through the other stuff first, which doesn't really make a lot of sense) is how you have three basic wants that are the underlying root of all other emotion: approval, control, and security. It's amazing what releasing on these three wants does for a person. If nothing else, it takes your mind off the "tapes" that you're playing to yourself, so it can be an almost instant mood-changer.

Someday I may have to explain myself on this post, but for now I'm going to leave it and go to bed. And someday you'll also realize that I was once a Psych major, so I know alot of silly Psycho stuff that others don't and generally squeeze up their eyebrows going, "Uh, crazy lady..."

Gud nite!

No comments: