Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Very Quick

It's been nearly a month since my last post! Hi! How are all of you??

Well, here's my crazy life lately:
I moved up to northern MN for the summer, and am living in great primitive backwoods style. While my new job involves working on the computer nearly every day, I have so much work to do that I'm lucky to come up for air at lunch. I'm loving it.

My workouts have not been so hot lately, mostly because I haven't made the time for them. However, last week we went on a 4.5 day canoe trip, which involved a lot of hard portaging (carrying canoes and big-ol' packs from lake to lake through woods, over boulders and through streams). It was a lot of fun, and it thoroughly tested my endurance (which definitely needs work!). I believe I will be getting into more of a daily workout pretty soon.

I'm hoping I'll get more time to post, but I'm not making any promises. Haven't checked anyone's blogs yet either, so I hope everyone's doing okay!

2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Glad things are going good for you. I have some in laws that live in upper mn. My mother-in law always talks about a 2 week trip she did with some girlfriends canoing up there (boundary waters). She talks about many of the same things you did. One of those times she looks back on and really smiles about. Try to keep some workouts going or you will be kicking yourself when you have to regain lost ground. If you get a chance to post some pictures do. I hear its beautiful country up there. Even though the mosquitoes can physically carry you away. I have jokingly heard they are the state bird.

Kristen said...

Hope everything's going well for you...