Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just in Case



Just in case you were getting the impression (due to lack of posts) that I hadn't been up to anything, a comparison pic from Jan 1 to April 30.

The size 10's that were tight back in March are now loose around the waist. I put on my size 8 jeans last night, had to jump them up but they button (and create a muffin top in the process). I really REALLY hope my thighs and glutes start following the downward trend soon, since they're still what are fairly tight on many of my clothes.

I'm back to carb cycling, with two no carb days, one high carb, two low carb cycles. The workouts at Crossfit are absolutely rocking- not that I necessarily feel like I'm in shape AT ALL when I'm doing their workouts, but it's fun and I wish I could devote 5-6 days per week to it there. I'll just have to keep kicking my own butt on the off days.

Most of the reason I haven't been posting revolves mostly around my ability to obsess, to some degree, about how others are perceiving my journey. I needed to take that pressure off completely and just focus. Not over-analyze, but just to do.

I've got precisely one month left until my goal date. Bikini at that time? I can't guarantee anything, but I will tell you one thing: I will make every meal, every workout, and every day count. Some "What if UP" thinking, where instead of obsessing over whether I'll get to my goal, I obsess over how I would feel if I accomplished it: "What if it all goes right? What if every meal choice is a great one, and every workout rocks? What does that feel like?"

I'll tell you, it feels pretty great.

For some more info on "What if UP?" thinking, read this post from Joe Vitale: http://blog.mrfire.com/asking-right-questions/

And yes, my jaw hit the floor when I saw the pictures side by side. I'm glad I took them, and I'll take more later. I had known there was progress. I HADN'T known that it was that substantial. Keep in mind that the scale hasn't gone more than 7 pounds. I'm still above 150. However, I'm not using the scale much- I'm relying on pics, clothes, inches measurements, and the calipers also. That stuff's telling me where I'm going.

No comments: